Thursday, June 23, 2011

2nd Cataract Surgery

Yesterday I had the cataract removed from my left eye, and in that eye, they inserted a lens for distance. The surgery itself went very well. Once I got back home, I took a 45 minute nap. In the afternoon I took a 2-1/2 hour nap. I guess this is due to the anesthetic. Anyway, sleep came very easily.

It was fun to hear from most of my family during the day. Peder called and after he and I talked, I got to talk to Aurelia. In the background I could hear little Felix say, "Oh oh!" He loves saying that. Next Josiah called me to say, "Hi Grandma! This is Josiah and I just lost another tooth - my 6th one!" He was so excited! I also got to talk to Will and Annika, and Rachel. I talked to my sister and brother, too, plus a few of my friends, so that made the day extra special.

At my follow-up appointment today the doctor told me everything looks very good. When she tested my right eye, I was very surprised to learn my vision in that eye is now 20/15 -- meaning, I can now read the very bottom line on the card! I hope I have at least 20/20 in my left eye once it clears up.

It's been fun telling my co-workers, "See what you have to look forward to when you get old?!" It's not all that bad!

No comments: