Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fun Fur Day!







Today my veterinary clinic had their annual Fun Fur Day - which is an open house for the clients and anyone in the area. This is only a couple of blocks from my home. Vendors have displays and do demonstrations of their products and sell items, plus the clinic is wide open, with staff in various rooms to answer any questions. The veterinarians and their staff walk around greeting folks. There was a big inflated dog house for little kids for jumping. For years, I have been invited to this event because I used this clinic when I had my two cats, Shadow and Sebastian.


Many people bring their dogs - and they are so much fun to see: Goldens, Poodles, German Shepherds, a Whippet, a Dachshund, pugs, a Cocker Spaniel, a Schipperke, a Boxer, a Bichon, a Corgi, an Australian Shepherd, Labs and more. A policeman brought his K-9 dog - a German Shepherd.


I was pleasantly surprised to see the reception Nels and I got when we showed up with my wagon and Nels in his kennel. "Oh, my! It's a cat! Isn't he beautiful!" Everyone was so happy to see him, and he was so well behaved. His little nose was sniffing and sniffing. Some of the veterinary staff asked if they could take him out of the kennel to hold him. "Sure, go ahead." Nels made a very good impression. They thanked me for bringing him and gave him two bags of cat nip and a new tooth brush!


I signed up for some door prizes. I hope we win!

No comments: