Saturday, April 02, 2011

New Cat Tower for Nels





I wouldn't have considered a piece of furniture for my new cat, Nels, but a co-worker had nothing but praise for the one she has had for her feline friends. A couple of weeks ago I decided to check it out. Both then and last Saturday with Aurelia, I looked at many models and tried to imagine how it would work in my home. The more I thought about it, I thought it just might be the answer in keeping him off my dining room table and trying to climb my plantation blinds. Last Saturday I decided on one model, but had to figure out a way to get it home.


"Do these come unassembled?" Some do, but they are the cheap ones with a scratching post and flat ledge at the top. That wasn't what I had in mind. I wanted a place where Nels would want to curl up and take a nap, or lie down to stare out the window. I pondered it and decided to ask a friend to help me, since she has a bigger car than I. This afternoon we went to the store and looked at all the options. We measured the one I wanted and then measured the interior of her car. Yes. It would just fit.


Once home, I put it in front of the French door and immediately Nels started sniffing it; reached up to the rope-covered post and began scratching. Then he hopped up to the first level. GREAT! He knows what it's for! I lifted him up to the top level and he curled up in it and looked at us - at eye level. This is exactly what I wanted. He bounded down and sniffed here and there, and jumped up again. I think he's pleased with his new piece of furniture. I know I am.


I just peaked out of the cottage and sure enough - he's sitting in his new lounge.

No comments: