Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Spring - at least on the calendar

This is what I wish we could see - not what we see now.

Okay, so tonight we turn our calendars to April. Officially, we are in Spring, though one would never know it by the weather. Oh, our snow has been slowly melting - there are places now where there is brown grass. But big, stubborn, dirty snow banks remain. I would love to wake up tomorrow morning and find them missing!


There's something about living in an area with four definite seasons. It's a little exciting to see that first snow flake, but after gillions and gillions of them, the excitement is gone. For me, it's been gone since the day after New Years! This has been one of the snowiest winters on record here in Minnesota.


Now I'm ready for that first daffodil. I'm ready to leave my coat and heavy trappings in the closet. I'm looking forward to walking on non-icy sidewalks. I have spring fever!


No comments: