Sunday, March 13, 2011

Arizona Day 5

Pat, preparing our morning snack

Organist at Organ Stop Pizza


The organ raised up from the floor while the organist sat on the bench. He would play for 30 to 45 minutes, and then take a 15 minute break - taking the organ back down below the floor.

Janet and Pat


This morning the time changed to Daylight Saving Time in Minnesota, but not here in Arizona. I was up before 6:30 in order to watch my church streaming live on the Internet. It was fun to see my choir mates and listen to their beautiful music. Our pastor interviewed a gentleman who was on one of the last five planes to fly out of Nerita airport in Tokyo, moments after the earthquake. He led the congregation in a prayer for the Japanese and their rescuers. How sad is that situation. We've watched a lot of the TV coverage.

We spent a relaxing time on the patio - visiting, and watching the golfers go by. Pat made home-made caramel rolls which were delicious and served them with fresh fruit.

After lunch, we went to the huge swap meet which is quite famous around here. The meet is held in a super large tent that must be two blocks long, or more. I walked through all of it and only bought three things. I found many of the items for sale were either too large, or too "Southwest" for my taste.

Once home from there, I drove the golf cart to take our Irish friend, Gemma, to the swimming pool. I'm thinking how nice it would be to have a golf cart of my own to drive back and forth to work.

For dinner tonight we went to a fabulous restaurant - Organ Stop Pizza, in Mesa. This unique pizza place is huge and has the world's largest Wurlitzer organ. The organist, Lew Williams, was one of the most gifted personalities I have heard. He asked for requests, and wow, did he get a variety! We enjoyed it SO much.

No comments: