Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Daily Life in the Cottage




It's been a little while since I have posted. Mainly it's because I'm trying to get into a new routine with Nels. I have never had such an affectionate pet before. Every time I sit down, he wants to jump into my lap. It's a little hard to type on my laptop with him sprawled over part of the keyboard. I'm not complaining - he's very cozy. Tonight when I got up to get something, he jumped up into my chair. It was so cute!
One of my friends gave Nels a special toy - a ring which has a tunnel on the outside rim. There's a ball in the rim, and Nels loves playing with the ball - batting it with his paws. The center portion is corrugated cardboard. The idea is to pour catnip onto the cardboard to entice him to use it for scratching his claws. I've seen him do it a few times. Yay!

We're in the throes of winter and tonight the weather person said we've had snow during 32 of the last 40 days. It's mounding up higher and higher. We have more forecast for tomorrow and Monday, with some zero highs predicted for Saturday and Sunday. All of this is part of the daily conversation in my office.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

We're glad that he's proving to be such a great companion for you Donna!