Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Hubbell House

The Hubbell House



Today I drove to Rochester for the Christmas concert at Autumn Ridge Church where Jerry sings in the choir. It was a very nice program. Janet, Lynn and Doug came too.

After the concert, we drove to Mantorville where we had a delicious dinner at the Hubbell House. This is a very nice restaurant, with a rich history. It was first built as a log cabin in 1854. Two years later, the cabin was replaced with the stone building that stands today. There have been many famous people who have eaten at this restaurant, and their signatures are on display on the placemats. To name some: Senator Alexander Ramsey, W. W. Mayo, Charles W. Mayo, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Roy Rogers - and Trigger (Trigger ate outside in the stable.), Mickey Mantle, Fred Mac Murray, and Joe Garagiola. I can't remember the last time I was there; Jerry said he thinks it was forty some years since he has been there. It was really fun!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Nice pictures!! I have a fond memory of eating at the Hubbel House. You are so good about getting pictures on your blog and sharing your experiences. Makes me feel guilty about not updating mine. It is always on my mind but can't get myself to make a post. Probably because I do not want to be frustrated which always seems to happen when I get on to try to do something.