Friday, March 05, 2010

You've Got Mail!


"You've got mail!" It's an exciting thing to open the mailbox and see that special envelope - you know, the kind without the window in it. The envelope may be white, or it could be pink, yellow, brown, or whatever. You take it inside your home and can't wait to open it.

Another exciting piece of mail is e-mail. Every one in my family is now "online" and I look forward to hearing from them, as well as my friends. Today I got my first ever email from one of my grandchildren - from my oldest grandchild, Josiah. I could hardly wait for the email to open. It was wonderful! - a thank you note for a card I had snail-mailed him. He typed it entirely by himself (he's 5 years old). I was so happy about it that I phoned him (in Germany) and when Rachel answered the phone, I asked to speak to Josiah. He took the phone and said, "Grandma, did you get my email?!" I loved the excitement in his voice. He was so happy, and I was thrilled! I hope there will be many more emails from him in the future.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

It was all his idea...! He was excited to get e-mail back and probably will compose something else back again. It may or may not be a list of his trains...hope you have 20 minutes to read it! :)

DD4 said...

I look forward to on-going communication with Josiah for years and years. Hopefully all of my grandchildren (as they get older and have time) will write to me often.