Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Good Entertainment

With the membership of Netflix, I've found some good entertainment. I've watched many movies that I missed seeing in the theater, and I've located some old TV shows which I have been thoroughly enjoying. One of them is The Life of Riley, starring William Bendix. Another is Our Miss Brooks, starring Eve Arden. These were shown on television in the 1950's. But the biggest treat for me is watching the episodes of Father Knows Best, starring Robert Young. This half hour show which appeared on TV once a week, was one of my favorites then, and would be yet if it were still being shown.

Father Knows Best, in my opinion, was one of the best family shows ever. In watching the episodes now, I am seeing their true value - with family, morals, civic duty, relationships, and most importantly - respect for The Almighty. I keep thinking to myself, Why can't this series of half hour shows be rerun today? I would love my grandchildren to see them. I've seen all of season 1 and am a little ways into season 2. I watch most of them twice before returning them. They have interesting bonus material also. I believe there were 6 seasons in all.

No comments: