Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grandparent Day

Aurelia, one of my angels
Giving dolly some love

How do these eyes work? "How does this work?"

Stroller ride

Happy to see Mommy and Daddy!


Today I got to spend the day with Aurelia. She came over this morning and while we were together, we went on a couple of walks (she initiated my new stroller, compliments of Carol & Don, Chad's parents); played with toys - hers and mine; talked to Peppi, whom she called "birdie;" had lunch; and played some music on the piano. While we were in my cottage and she was playing, Rachel phoned and not only did we talk, but I got to hear Annika sing Happy Birthday to me (no, it's not my birthday, but I loved her little song), plus another song - I'm sorry, but I can't remember the lyrics right now - and hear her talk a little; and Josiah told me a couple of things that are on his Christmas list. I sure hope he follows up with a written list. :-)

Rachel told me Josiah had a soccer game today which they attended, and yesterday she and two of her neighbors made a caravan to the largest US base in Germany for the annual bazaar. She said they saw lots of treasures. Oh, how I would have loved to have gone along!

I love spending time with and hearing from my grandchildren. In a couple of months I should be holding my newest one. It is pure joy!

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

The other song was from a CD that you sent for Josiah years ago called "Tick-Tock". I used to play it for Josiah at bedtime and now I play it for Annika. It has nice, quiet lullabies that play one after another with little segues in between, so no silent spots between tracks. I like that.

We will try to get you a list!

You would have really enjoyed the bazaar. Maybe next year?