Thursday, September 25, 2008

Erna's Memorial Service

Yesterday I attended the memorial service for my mother-in-law, Erna. I'm so happy I was able to do this, as there were many precious memories shared, and most importantly, she was honored for the special person she was. How fitting for this very humble woman.

Steve and Dave had difficulty delivering their comments, and I am proud of them for the good job they did. Cece wanted to share some thoughts, but decided she couldn't do it. I wouldn't have been able to do it either. It's often heart wrenching reliving the past, but also heart warming, and good for the soul.

I tried to read Heidi's blog to some co-workers this morning, and couldn't do it without big tears in my eyes and voice. Everything Heidi said is true. I'm sure Hans and Peder could add to the list the many wonderful ways their grandma enriched their lives. They will miss her, and I do too.
God be with you, Erna.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were able to attend (I know you needed to be there...), and that you made it back safely... Praise the Lord that He had a Home prepared for her....and that her precious memories will always be with you and your family.