Friday, June 13, 2008

Star Wars

When Star Wars first opened, our family went to see it at an outdoor theater. This theater was unique as it had two screens, so one could choose whichever film pleased them. The speaker for our vehicle was playing Star Wars, but I was watching the movie on the other screen. Don't ask me what it was, as this was about 30 years ago.

Just about a month ago I watched Star Wars in Stuttgart, Germany, with Hans. I know he was very pleased that I had asked to see it with him. For the first 30 minutes or so, I sat quietly taking it in. Then Hans said, "Do you have any questions, Mom?" So I asked a few things. Now I must say that Hans is a big fan and owns all of the Star Wars movies (don't ask me to list them), and when Rachel told me Hans had seen Star Wars 90 times, he explained, "That's only 3 times a year for the past 30!"

Hans, how I wish you could come to Minnesota this summer as there is a Star Wars exhibition at the Science Museum of Minnesota. This afternoon I listened to a radio interview with the actor who played C-3PO . It was really interesting. They said 55,000 tickets were sold already for the event. I'm glad I was able to watch this classic with you, Hans.

No comments: