Thursday, April 24, 2008

News of the Day

There isn't much news from me today. We're getting rain and tonight it may be mixed with the "S" word. Yuck! Spring is really holding back from arriving in Minnesota. A few leaves are starting to open on the trees in my back yard. The grass has more green blades than brown.

I've been crossing more things off my list for our mission trip. We leave in 10 days! I have things in a couple of piles waiting to be packed. We'll have two more rehearsals before departing. The choir members who have elected to stay home have divided up the names of those going and are committing to pray for us. That really means a lot. If you care to pray, please ask God to protect us as we travel; keep us healthy; help our music to touch the hearts of those who come to listen; may we make new friends.


If you came here today wanting to read news, I suggest you go here. Rachel has posted new photos of Josiah and Annika from their outing to the zoo yesterday. Be sure to read the entry under the photos, too. Rachel is a gifted writer, and she captures their outing like no other mother could. I was laughing out loud as I read it. I only hope Peder is doing as well with Aurelia today at the Mall of America.


Meanwhile, Heidi has her hands full, dog-sitting their friend's black lab. Brian isn't too happy about it. I hope it has stopped raining and snowing out in Seattle so they can all go to the dog park.

(Note: click any of the underlined words to read the respective blog.)

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

We'll be thinking of you on your travels and will see you very soon. Thank you for the kind compliments!