Friday, November 02, 2007

Beautiful Autumn


We have been blessed with a beautiful autumn here in Minnesota. It's one of my favorite times of the year ~ spring being the other. While the color in my immediate area wasn't that spectacular, in my driving around the cities and up north, I saw lots of beautiful fall foliage. My geraniums and impatiens are still in bloom, but I think they will be having their last nice weekend as the forecast for next week calls for temperatures dropping to the 20's at night.

I've spent this past week swapping out my summer wardrobe for my winter. This is always a huge task, one that I put off as long as I can. But as of last night, it is finished, so I don't have that nagging me any more.

I'm still enjoying my beautiful canary, Peppi. He sings so lovely. It's very cheerful, and he is good company for me.

Tomorrow I'll be entertaining Peder, Sarah, Aurelia, Janet, Jerry, Aunt Liz and Cousin Pat for dinner. I'm really looking forward to our getting together.

In a couple of weeks, Hans, Rachel, Josiah and Annika will be coming to Minnesota for a visit before they move to Germany. I'm really looking forward to that. Hans is graduating with his Master's Degree from the Naval War College next week. I am SO proud of him!


No comments: