Monday, May 07, 2007

Bryn Mawr - the Mother of Garage Sales

Saturday morning I was lucky to accompany Sarah to the largest group of garage sales I have ever seen - so close together, that is. The sale happens the 1st Saturday of May in the neighborhood of Bryn Mawr, which is west of downtown Minneapolis by about a mile.

Sarah borrowed her father's pick-up truck and we arrived at the bustling neighborhood a few minutes after 8:30. Already there were vehicles parked along nearly every possible curb, and hundreds of people were shopping. Once we found a place to park, we set out to see what bargains we could find. Sarah did a great job of reporting this same event, so please check out her blog: http://www.sarillia.blogspot.com/ (She estimated 100 individual sales; I would say it was more like 300. There were at least 1,000 or more shoppers.)

I had so much fun, I asked her to put me down as a "Yes" for next year!

No comments: