Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Holiday in Rhode Island



Wednesday night I flew to Boston and Hans was there to pick me up. Driving to their home in his new Audi was "First Class." Yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, we stayed in all day as it rained and rained. But that was no problem as we had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and I got to play with Josiah and Annika - - a thrill for me!

Rachel and Hans have their home all settled and it is really nice. The kids have their own rooms and they are decorated so cute. Josiah LOVES Thomas the tank engine, and all of the pieces that go along with it. He has a lovely Thomas table in his room and spends lots of time playing with it. I love hearing him talk and sing. He has a very good voice and memorizes things quickly.

Annika is a joy too. She has a beautiful smile, and she's also very bright.
She likes musical toys. Yesterday we discovered she likes squash and mashed potatoes! You can tell by her expression. ;-)

Today being such a beautiful day, Rachel and I walked downtown, about 7 or 8 blocks from their home. On the way I was looking for the house I saw in September that had a sign on it which read "built in 1719." Well, I didn't see that one, but saw an even older one - 1710. And then we came upon America's oldest tavern - the White Horse Tavern, built in 1673. It's sign says it was the yearly gathering place of the members of the colonial legislature. This town of Newport is so picturesque and interesting. I really hope to spend more time here - first of all to see my family, and secondly, to wander around the streets more. I will post more photos when I get a chance.

No comments: