Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Returning to Work

I have been on sick leave for the past five weeks. Though I'm not feeling 100%, it is getting close. Tomorrow I am returning to my job, and I hope I will be able to stay for the full eight hours. If not, I will come home when my body tells me.

Was my surgery successful? I don't know yet. I still experience a little nerve pain around both ankles in the evening. Since my incision is still very sore and tender, I have a strong feeling the nerve pain will settle down once the swelling and healing in my spine have been completed. That's my prayer. I will be seeing my surgeon on the 16th of this month.

I'm not sure how Nels will handle not having me home all day. He has really loved it! I haven't told him yet, but I'm retiring next Wednesday, January 11.

1 comment:

DD4 said...

I worked Thursday and Friday – 7 hours each. It was great to see everyone again, and fun to see how surprised they were to see me! Three more work days and I will retire!