Monday, August 01, 2016

Marshall's trip to the Midwest

Last Saturday Heidi accompanied Marshall on a trip to the Midwest to see his grandparents and cousins. It was a whirlwind trip for Heidi, but I hope it was as much fun for her as it was for me. After picking them up at the airport, we went to Broadway Pizza for supper. Yum! I love their pizza, and Marshall enjoys their toy train that travels on a track close to the ceiling.

While staying with me, we went swimming, looked at animals in a pet store, he played at Shoots and Ladders – a wonderful amusement park for kids near my home, had a picnic supper with Peder's family and his Grandpa Steve and then played in a near by park with them, played my piano, watched a hummingbird at the feeder, played with Nels, swam some more, had lunch at Redstone—a family tradition for Heidi and me, took Heidi to the airport, went to Como Park, and took in the Crayola Experience at the Mall of America, as well as rode the rides in the amusement park there, and swam with the cousins in my pool. All of this was in the course of about 72 hours. We were BUSY!

I'll let my pictures tell more of my time with him and Aurelia, Felix and Leo.

Marshall on the Merry-Go-Round at Como Park
Marshall near Dred Scott Field
Marshall admiring the lily pads at Como Park


Marshall (center) on ride at the Mall of America 
Marshall scanning his drawing at the Crayola Experience in the Mall of America

Marshall at Shoots and Ladders
Leo, Marshall and Aurelia with their spin art

Aurelia, Marshall, Leo and Felix




No comments: