Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Meet My New Granddaughter, Corinne

 
Corinne Liberty
 
On Thursday evening, February 27, Corinne Liberty was born to Heidi and Chad. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces, and was 17.5 inches long. [Heidi was 6 pounds, 2 ounces, and 17 inches long when she was born.] Heidi and Corinne came home from the hospital on day two. I thought this was way too early considering she was born cesarean, but Heidi assured me she was very ready to be home and back in her own bed. A week later, I flew in to Seattle to get to meet my newest angel.
 
What fun it has been to be here with Heidi and her family. I have gotten to hold, feed and change Corinne, and have played with Marshall, as well as seeing where he goes to preschool. The ironic thing is this: when I am feeding her, her little face reminds me exactly of my kids. She looks just like Hans, Peder and Heidi looked at that age. Yesterday Heidi had to take Corinne back to the hospital for routine lab work. I got to see the room where she and Marshall were born, and the room where Heidi and Corinne stayed.
 
An added bonus being here is the beautiful, spring weather! The grass is a beautiful green, and the cherry trees are in bloom. Forsythia is in bloom as well as other bushes that are unfamiliar to me. It's definitely a nice change from the snowy Minnesota!
 
 
Marshall, Grandma D, and Corinne


1 comment:

Pat said...

Your grandchildren are absolutely adorable. How fun that you get to spend time there. I am going to want to hear all about it.