Saturday, March 01, 2014

Announcement: I have a new granddaughter!

First photo of Corinne

Marshall holding Corinne
Thursday night at midnight, the phone rang and when I answered, my son-in-law Chad was on the other end. He said the sweetest thing. "Corinne had her birthday tonight." I had been sound asleep, but this much registered with me: Heidi had her baby. Both she and I had wanted the delivery to come early, and we got our wish.

Corinne Liberty was born at 8:52 pm, PST. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces, and is 17.5 inches in length. She arrived 16 days before her due date. [At birth Heidi weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces, and was 17 inches in length, and she came 3 weeks early.] Like Marshall's birth, Corinne was delivered cesarean.

Friday morning Heidi sent me a message giving me the phone number at the hospital, which I called right away. It was great getting to hear her voice and hearing about my newest granddaughter.

I don't know too many details at this time, but am anxiously awaiting for my trip out there next week. Not only will I get to spend time with my family, but I'll be leaving my down coat, boots, mittens, and earmuffs at home!


No comments: