Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Couple of Outings in Seattle

One night Heidi and I took Corinne and some pizzas to her place of work. I love going to the tower and watching the controllers. All of her coworkers were thrilled to see Heidi again and to meet Corinne. One of them even took a turn to feed her. We spent a couple of hours or so there—eating pizza and visiting. I got to listen in to one of the controllers for quite awhile. I really respect Heidi and the job she and her colleagues do, keeping track of incoming and outgoing jets, putting them at gates, moving them from one runway to another. They are so focused! I was enjoying it so much I forgot to take any pictures. :-)


Another day we left Corinne with Chad and took Marshall downtown to the Seattle Aquarium and Pike Place Market.

Marshall loves this aquarium, partly due to the many "hands on" things.

Ahoy, there!

Marshall's impression of a starfish.

After touring the aquarium, Heidi treated us to a ride on the new Ferris wheel. I really enjoyed it!

View from inside our car

One of the many views from our car: the stadium where the Seahawks play, the one where the Mariners play, and Mount Rainier in the background.

Check out these daffodils!

One of the many bouquets. I just love this place: Pike Place Market.

No comments: