I thought I would log my time from this week. There's been nothing out of the ordinary, but it's been fine.
- Sunday: I went to church and enjoyed the male chorus as well as the sermon. Following the service, I got a few things at Target and then went home to finish a couple of baby quilts for a co-worker who is expecting twins – a boy and a girl. They turned out nice, so I'm happy about that. I also got to have a nice phone conversation with Hans. In the evening I watched Phantom of the Opera, a DVD of the 25th anniversary. It was really good!
- Monday: Heidi's birthday! I got to talk to her, Chad and Marshall, so that was fun. They were on their way to Krispy Kreme to buy a dozen donuts which Heidi used to decorate the chocolate layer cake she was making for her party later that day. I love connecting with my kids! In the evening I started watching Oklahoma! I love some of the music in this show.
- Tuesday: The temperature got really hot and humid – in the 90's. That makes me want to stay indoors. After work I picked up some supper at Famous Dave's and then went home to address my invitations to the 3rd annual neighborhood picnic I am hosting on Saturday, July 27.
- Wednesday: I was happy to go to lunch with the "Wednesday Lunch Bunch" at work. This group has been in existence for several years in my office. It's simple, really. At noon, anyone who wants to out to eat, gathers at the front desk. When everyone is assembled, we discuss and decide where to eat - then off we go! This time it was an upscale grocery store that has a great salad bar and deli. (Since we're "on the clock," we have to go to places where we get fast service.) In the evening I went to choir rehearsal. For this coming Sunday we are having a women's chorus with 3-part harmony. And, we don't have to wear robes – just nice, dress-up clothes! After I got home, I discovered Antenna TV was showing non-stop episodes of All in the Family, so I watched a few. Just think, Carol O'Connor and Jean Stapleton are both gone now. Sad.
- Today: It's still hot. I think it got up to 95 degrees. A few people like it hot; I'm not one of them. The high temperature doesn't keep Nels from wanting to be outside in the porch. I let him out, but make him come in after 10 or 15 minutes. After work I got my hair cut. It was either that, or a dog license. It will be easier for me to fix now.
- Tomorrow: I have to work until noon (I love summer hours!), and then will run a couple of errands. In the evening I have a date with Peder. He and I are going to a Jewish Sabbath service at one of the synagogues in the twin cities. After that, we're having dinner at Vescio's – an Italian restaurant I have liked since my college days. I'm really looking forward to our time together.
- Saturday: No plans yet. I may go to the Farmer's Market in the morning. Later I may go swimming in my pool. I love days that are not all scheduled in. And that about covers my week.