Thursday, July 25, 2013

She's having twins!

Elisa and Whitney

One of my co-workers is expecting twins – a girl and a boy. As far as I can remember, she is the first person I have known to be having a multiple birth. It's been fun for me to see her ultrasounds and hear about the special classes she and her husband have attended. The sad part of all this is that she will not be returning to work once she takes her leave, and I will miss her.

This evening the gals in our office gave her a babies shower. This was a new experience for me, too (a shower for twins). To see boy/girl outfits was really fun. And the gift of two high-chairs was neat (do they call them high chairs any longer?)!


A while back, I decided to make a baby quilt for each of the babies. I was pleased with the way they turned out. Along with them, I included a new copy of a Dick and Jane book. The reason for this is because when I asked what the names of the babies would be, Whitney said they had decided the names, but weren't going to divulge them until after the births, which is perfectly fine with me. In the meantime I have been referring to them as Dick and Jane – just for fun.


L to R: LaVonne, Whitney, Jo

One of the centerpieces

No comments: