Friday, March 08, 2013

Vacationing in Arizona, Part 1

Wednesday I left the frozen tundra of Minnesota and in three and a half hours I landed in sunny Arizona - ready to spend some time with my cousins and sister. So far it has been wonderful!

Until today, it has been sunny and nice and warm - high of 81 degrees - very pleasant! I have walked, shopped, toured a very impressive home for unfortunate children - Sunshine Acres - a mission which began in 1954 by a husband and wife, with children of their own, but a real heart to help those whose parents no longer wanted them (This is a place I will be pleased to support.), toured the Musical Instrument Museum - which was fascinating and fun, and ate dinner at one of my favorite places, Organ Stop Pizza.

When not running around the Arizona sites, we are having fun catching up on the lives of each other and laughing - laughing a lot. These are precious times, and I relish them.

With many more days ahead, I'm looking forward to seeing more friends and sights. On tomorrow's schedule: two performances of the Sunsationals - the tap dancing troupe of my cousin Pat's. Every other year they put on a big show. The theme for this year's show is Thanks for the Memories - a tribute to Bob Hope and the USO shows of WWII. I'll post photos after I return home.


No comments: