Friday, March 01, 2013

10 Year Anniversary for the Company



Ten years ago today, the company I work for was purchased by another. Today we celebrated with cake and ice cream. The company that bought us is a Dutch company, so we decorated with Delft and a beautiful cake, complete with little wooden shoes.

I started working at Bethany House in January 2001. In August, 2003, our company was gathered together for the news: we were being sold. What a scary time that was for us. We were uncertain we would be offered a job with the new company. Since I had little experience, I was especially worried. I decided it would probably be a good idea for me to relocate to Rochester where my brother and sister live, and began looking for a job there. I went so far as to put a new town house "on hold," contingent on my getting a job there.

About a month before the sale date, the buyer was announced to us, and I was told they wanted me to stay. Whew! What a relief that was. The rest is history. I am so happy it worked out well for me, because this job is the best I have ever had — and I've had many!

Here I am with others who have at least 10 years of service with the company.

No comments: