Tuesday, March 05, 2013

March Snowfall



It started snowing yesterday and hasn't stopped. Oh, there were times it was just a flake or two falling, and then that was followed by an inch an hour. I am estimating we got 5 or 6 inches at my home yesterday and another 7 or 8 overnight. It continues to fall. We have 12 people in the office so far (out of 45). Some are fortunate to be able to work from home.

Is it pretty? Yes. It's gorgeous on the trees and bushes. Is it fun? For some, it is. Nels loved going out on the patio this morning where it had clung to the screen - up about 10 inches from the ground. He poked his paws at the screen door rails and watched it fall. His little footprints in it were darling.

Many, many big twin cities schools are closed today – a rarity. This makes for less traffic on the roads. One of my co-workers told me it took her only 20 minutes to get here - less than on a normal day, because she was the only one for about a half mile on the Interstate.

My big concern today is making it to the airport tomorrow for my early morning flight to Arizona. My designated driver will be dependent on her snow removal guy to clear out her driveway. I'm working on a back-up plan. I really want to get out of here!

No comments: