Friday, August 03, 2012

It's my _?_ birthday!


Arriving at work today, this is how I found my office. It is so pretty! I love the balloons, streamers, and suspended poster. Taped to my computer and one of my picture frames were balloons. My office mates know me well. They know I love it decorated! They gave me a very nice card that was signed by everyone in the company.

During the morning, I got to talk to Rachel, Josiah, Annika and William. That was really fun. They had sent me some nice gifts that arrived yesterday. Josiah and Annika had personalized a wonderful "Grandma" book, so it was enjoyable to talk to them about it. Thank you!!

In the afternoon, I met Peder, Sarah, Aurelia, Felix and Leo at a park not far from my home. Thankfully, Peder and Sarah had found an area with a big umbrella cover over it, which is where Leo and I stayed, while Aurelia and Felix played on all the equipment, not minding the heat one bit. Those kids are awesome! When we had had enough heat, we went to a nearby Dairy Queen to cool off a bit with a cold treat, and then went to my home for awhile, the kids playing with a few toys and also playing my piano. It was all very nice. Oh, and they treated me to dinner. Thank you!!

Felix enjoying a Dilly Bar at DQ

Aurelia and Sarah, enjoying their ice cream

Leo was content to take a nap.

This evening I have gotten to speak to Hans and Chad, Heidi and Marshall. Add this to the many birthday cards and gifts I got in the mail and on my computer, this makes my birthday a very special day. I am feeling celebrated and blessed. Thank you!

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a great birthday you had!!! It goes without saying that you are probably feeling very blessed after today. Sounds to me like it cannot get any better. Happy Birthday, Donna.

Heidi said...

We are so glad you had a good birthday!