Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back on the job


Yesterday I returned to my office where I got to work at the Reception Desk all day (with the exception of break times and lunch). I really enjoyed seeing all of my co-workers again, and catching up on what has been going on since I've been away. Of course, everyone wanted to know how I was and relayed to me how sorry they were that I didn't get to go on the cruise.

What caused me to faint while on my trip? I'm not sure we'll ever know. I had a colonoscopy on Monday, but that didn't reveal much. I have an appointment to see my doctor next week.

What is most frustrating about this - aside from not getting to go on the cruise? For me, it is this ankle problem: the pain plus not being able to drive. I don't like relying on getting rides, but thankfully, I have very dear friends who are coming to my rescue. Friends have brought me a meal, driven me to my appointments, grocery shopped for me, and are picking me up and bringing me home from work. I've heard from so many of my family and friends, too. I have gotten darling "Get well, Grandma" cards, and well wishes from others. People really care. Which makes me realize this: I have to be more attentive to those around me that may need my help. I need to be ready to make a meal for someone, or offer to take someone for a ride that is housebound.


1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

I'm glad the "cabin fever" has been eliminated. I think it's hard for most of us to ask for help when we need it, but the funny thing is--aren't you always glad to help when someone asks? I think your friends not only love you but are happy for a chance to serve.

Keep getting better!