Friday, July 23, 2010

It's been a full week, but Friday is here and I'm ready for the weekend!

Ant update: I have still had an infestation of ants so I had the exterminator back yesterday. I showed him the spot where I have seen them coming and going and he used an industrial spray (odorless; not harmful to Peppi) and sprayed the area very well. He also sprayed the outside of my home (which the association does twice a year), just for some extra protection. Last evening the score was: zero. This morning, the score is: zero. I hope this is it!

Tomorrow I will be driving to Ottawa, Minnesota, for a family reunion on my dad's side of the family. My dad was born in this small community, which is northeast of St. Peter and south of Le Sueur. The house in which he was born and lived until he left home, is no longer there. Just this past week my Aunt Liz told me her family had lived in that house for a couple of years - a time when she was in high school. She told me she took the train to St. Peter for school on Mondays for a dime, and stayed with my mom and dad who were then married. She would return to Ottawa on Fridays - again, for a dime. She said my Aunt Ginny attended school in Ottawa at that time, since she was younger. I had never heard this story. I asked her to write about it on her blog, but so far I don't think she has.

On Sunday afternoon, some of my friends and I are going to the stage play Titanic. I'm really looking forward to this. It will be interesting to see how they perform this well-known event.

And then, my 15 minute weekend will be over.

I wish all of my readers a wonderful weekend. It would be fun to hear what you did with yours!

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg! Pictures up soon.

Yeah, how do they sink the ship on a stage? Hmmmm.

You'll never guess what I found you in Salzburg...hint: something you searched hiiiigh and low (still singing Sound of Music in my head) for in Germany!

DD4 said...

Rachel, the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg tops my weekend in a heartbeat! I'm so happy you got to go and can't wait to hear all about it. I hope Annika loved it, too.

"Titanic" was really good. The play was written before the screenplay, so the treatment of characters was a little different. The side of the ship was at the back of the set during part of the play. During the sinking portion, they raised the front end up a bit so that it was tilting. When it was going below water, the scrim was in front of it with waves rippling over it.

They gave each of us a boarding pass as we entered the theater. On the back side our ticket number; fare; name, age, occupation, and class identification was listed. I was Mr. William Alexander; a General Laborer; age 23; in 3rd class. I didn't survive.

I think I may know what you found for me. :-)