Friday, July 16, 2010

Date With Rosy


This afternoon I had a date with Rosy, who is now getting ready to go into the 4th grade. I have tutored Rosy, who is Hispanic, for three school years. She is a very sweet girl and I love the times we spend together.

When I found out I had a free afternoon today, I called Rosy to see if she was interested in going to a movie with me - Toy Story 3 in 3D. After checking with her parents, she called me back and said she could go. She was surprised when I drove up with a new car. She said she liked it!

Rosy hasn't seen Toy Story or Toy Story 2, but I thought that wouldn't matter for her to enjoy number 3. This is the second 3D movie that Rosy and I have seen together. It's special for both of us!

I'm not going to spoil the movie for you, but let me say we both liked it a lot. There are a couple of scenes in which Buzz Light Year speaks Spanish. I looked over at Rosy and knew she knew exactly what he was saying. More and more, we see Spanish being added to things in the U.S. This is the first time I have seen it in a movie, but I thought it was tastefully done. Also, let me say that this is a very touching movie. I had many tears at the finale.

It was very enjoyable spending the afternoon with Rosy. She sure is a sweetheart!

1 comment:

Brooklyn Book Lover said...

Sounds like a beautiful afternoon. :-)