Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bragging About My Grandchildren

This post is about bragging. I don't think I have done it very often, but tonight I can't help it. I have four darling, smart, charming grandchildren! You're thinking I'm prejudiced. I think I'm being proud (I know, the Amish wouldn't approve).

Tonight Annika, Josiah and I read a book together called, I Spy with My Little Eye Minnesota. This is a book of photos, two - side by side, but with differences, all taken in Minnesota. The idea is to find the differences. On one page, there are two photos with 24 subtle differences. Do you know what? Josiah and Annika found nearly all of them without any assistance from me.

At bedtime, I took one of the dozen or so library books to Josiah's room. He read the entire book, Mr. Gumpy's Outing, to me. I would guess it is 2nd grade level reading, though I can't be certain. Some of the words it contains are: squabble, muck, bleating, trample, flapped, and teased. I thought this was a difficult book for a first grade child. However, Josiah is not in first grade. He hasn't even started kindergarten yet. He turns 5 years old a week from today and starts kindergarten this fall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not bragging, Donna...that's the reality of our grandchildren. They are all good-looking and above average. We are blessed!

Jan said...

Oops...too quick on the enter button. That was from me. :)

Sarita said...

Good Guess Donna. I have Mr. Grumpy's Outing in my classroom library and it is level 2.6, over half way into second grade! Way to go Joe!

I'm so glad you are having a great time with your super fantastic grand children.

MamaD4 said...

Good thing you're not Amish...