Saturday, June 16, 2007

Decisions, Decisions. . .

I've made a decision of the heart. . . Lord willing, I'm going on a missions trip with my church choir to Ukraine and Austria next May, 2008. This trip was presented to our choir over a year ago, and though I thought it would be a great opportunity, I didn't give it much consideration because I had already made the decision to go on our family reunion cruise to Alaska in August 2008. I mean, how could I do both? The two trips would take 14 days of my precious PTO (personal time off) at work, and added up to quite a bit of money.
I had pretty much dismissed my participation in this mission trip until last week at our rehearsal when a short video was shown that included another group that travels there every other year. The impact they had on the people was eye-opening and inspired me to go home to pray about whether or not I should go. From the minute I awoke the next day, I couldn't get the video out of my mind. I prayed and prayed about it. That evening I decided to get out my atlas to see just where Kyiv (Kiev) was located. Guess where the location was? D - 4! "It's a sign," I said to myself. After re-reading my information packet, I phoned our director and told him to count me in. Yesterday I mailed my deposit and registration form. I'm so excited about this opportunity to share my faith, both musically and personally, with others.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Good for you!

MamaD4 said...

Wow, you are going to see some really amazing places in 2008!