Friday, December 19, 2014

Our Company Christmas Party

From what I hear, many companies no longer give Christmas parties to their employees. Thankfully, ours still goes overboard in providing a very nice evening for us. Last night we met at a restaurant in downtown Minneapolis, the Rock Bottom Brewery. We had a choice of entrees, and I chose the maple bourbon steak which was accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and a variety of vegetables. Oh, my! It was delicious! And then the dessert—perfect crème brûléethe best I have ever eaten. I was seated at a table with some of my dear friends. Here are some photos:

L to R: Sharon and Julie

Dave and Nancy

My guest Nancy and yours truly


After the dinner, we walked across the street to the beautiful Pantages Theater where we watched the play All Is Calm. This fabulous work is performed by Cantus, a chorus of 12 men with incredible voices. It is the reenactment of the WWI soldiers from England, Scotland and Ireland who are within feet of the German soldiers in December 1914. The dialogue is based on historical facts and the songs are period pieces This drama includes the famous truce. It was just wonderful!

No comments: