Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday, Annika!


Happy Birthday, sweet Annika!


It doesn't seem possible that my sweet granddaughter, Annika, could be seven years old already. Where does that time go? I'm pretty sure it hasn't seemed like the years went by that quickly for her and her family. She is a girl who already has quite a little history.

Born in Japan, then living in Rhode Island, followed by a few years in Germany, she now lives in Virginia. I remember asking her once where she was born and she told me "Minnesota." I chuckled and told her she really wasn't born in Minnesota, nor has she lived there. She looked a bit puzzled. I know by now she has it figured out.

I got to spend a little time with her and Josiah at the beginning of January this year. She still delights me - her love of animals, especially. I'll never forget the day she went with me to pick out Nels. It was really one of the highlights of my life.


No comments: