Thursday, January 05, 2012

Looking Upward


This morning I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunrises ever. What a treat for my eyes! Seeing this is such a great start to the day.



Then this evening, I was treated again. The sunset was outstanding, and overhead was the bright moon.


Looking a bit longer, I noticed a planet — Jupiter, I think. It's amazing what one sees when looking up. I live in the city, where there are thousands and thousands of lights, making it difficult to see the many sights in the sky, such as the millions of stars. Sitting at night on the deck of our ship was one of the things I was looking forward to do on the cruise. Oh, well. That will have to wait for another time. I envy those who live in the country who, on any cloudless evening, can go outside to view the amazing sky!

On another note, we had record breaking weather in the midwest today. Did you know the temperature reached 73 degrees today in Rapid City, South Dakota?! It was 17 degrees above any precious record. It reached 55 degrees in Fargo, ND, and 59 degrees in Redwood Falls, MN. Our high was 45 degrees, and would have been higher, but for the little bit of snow we have.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Really incredible sunrise and sunset. Like the moon picture also. You probably will not want to come down here being as the weather and sunsets are so nice back there. Can't wait to see all of you.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Donna. I love the dawn and dusk too.

Di at the shore said...

I do think Minnesota has extremely beautiful sunsets and sunrises! I especially enjoyed watching the sunsets out my kitchen window - spectacular!