Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Blessings



I've been thinking about the best gift(s) I have ever gotten - besides Jesus, of course - and hands down, it is my three kids. No matter how old they get, they will always be my kids - my treasures.

In the past I have written a Christmas letter and shared some of what they are doing with family and friends. For the past couple of years, I guess I've gotten lazy and haven't done so. I want to take a few minutes and tell about them here.

Hans is still in the US Navy, and just this year was promoted to Commander! Wow! What an incredible accomplishment. During his promotion ceremony, his Captain asked him how long ago he had entered the Navy, to which Hans replied, "23 years, Sir." Rachel and William (now 2 years old), were able to be part of the ceremony, which was very special for them. Hans is stationed in Norfolk, Virginia, and is the Executive Officer on a Navy cruiser. They have 3 of my wonderful grand kids, Josiah - 7, Annika - 5, and William - 2. I was blessed to get to visit them over Memorial Day this year. It's so nice to have them back in the US once again.

Peder and Sarah live in Minneapolis, so I get to see them now and then. Peder continues to work for Carlsonwagonlit (corporate travel agent), and actually offices out of their home. Sarah is teaching school, and they have 2 of my wonderful grand children, Aurelia - 4, and Felix - 19 months. They are expecting a new little one in April!

Heidi and Chad still love living in Seattle. Heidi is continuing to keep the airlines on track at SEATAC where she's an air traffic controller, and Chad has been having success in a business he started with treadmill sales. They have my little grandson, Marshall - 3. I got to be at his birthday party this year in November - first time for me. Their dog, Brian, had ACL surgery this past autumn, so he is recovering from that.

While I would love to see and hear from my kids more often, I realize they have made lives and families of their own and are involved with that and their careers. I'm thankful for the times we do get to be together.

So this Christmas, I feel blessed. I have memories that I treasure in my heart. It's rewarding to be able to look at what you helped create, and see the good in it. Merry Christmas to you, Hans, Peder, and Heidi and to your families.

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Merry Christmas Mom! Than you for everything you have done for us. Talk to you tomorrow.

Hans said...

Merry Christmas, Mom! Hope you have a great day today!