Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans' Day


Today has been declared Veterans' Day. It is a day when our nation remembers those who have served in our military and those who are currently in active duty. My mind automatically goes to my son, Hans, and to my brother, Jerry. I am so proud of both of these men. Jerry served in the US Navy for 21 years. I believe it was his model that inspired Hans to join the ranks. Hans has been in the Navy nearly every year since graduating from high school. Thank you for your service and your sacrifices. Way to go! I'm also proud of my cousin, Nathan, who is in his first year in the Navy.

Others in our family who have served are: Uncle Allan, Wayne, Keith, Pudge, Chad, Charlie, Pete, Ken, and Ryan. Thank you for your service!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Happy Veteran's Day to all! Love the picture of the flag and tags!