Saturday, August 07, 2010

Changes


Today I'm tackling an area in my cottage that has gone "untouched" for some time - clearing out some unwanted books in my bookcase. Before putting any of these books in the bags going to Savers (a local charity), I have fanned the pages to be sure I am not leaving anything personal in them. One item flew out: a phone directory I created more than twelve years ago. It was interesting noting the changes. Here they are:



  • Hans was stationed in Jacksonville, Florida, on the USS Carney.

  • Peder lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

  • Heidi was a student at UND in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

  • Jerry lived in a mobile home in Rochester. Janet and Dave lived there, too.

  • Lil and Jim lived in Waseca, Minnesota.

  • Lynn and Bobby lived on 27th St. SE, in Rochester.

  • My dear friend Cassie lived in her home on 10th Ave S, in Bloomington.

  • Linda lived on North Seeley Ave in Chicago.

  • Diane & Dave lived in New Town, Pennsylvania.

  • David and Donna lived on 2nd Ave NE in Austin.

  • Keith lived on Wood Stock Curve in Bloomington.

  • Sandy lived in Plymouth.

  • I worked at McLeod USA and lived in Eden Prairie.

Wow! That's a lot of change. The only ones on this address list that still live in the same home are Aunt Ginny & Uncle Allan, Aunt Liz, and Pat & Pudge, and Steve. I guess it is safe to throw the list away.

No comments: