Friday, April 23, 2010

"The Sound of Music"

Nancy, Laurey and yours truly
Delicious dinner.
Capt. Von Trapp introducing his seven children
Maria teaching the children to sing
Bedroom scene with Maria and the Von Trapp children
The Von Trapp Family Singers at the festival.


Last night Laurey, Nancy, and I went to our church's dinner theater production of The Sound of Music. What a wonderful evening we had!

First of all, the dinner was delicious: salad and breads, tender beef, mashed potatoes, asparagus spears, and turnips, followed by scrumptious apple strudel.

The play was amazing! All of the actors, directors, instrumentalists, and crew - plus seamstresses - are from our church. We had front row seats, too.

I was taking lots of photos, but because of the lighting, not many turned out. I'm giving a small glimpse of the evening with these. We've decided we would like to make this an annual event.

3 comments:

E Manders said...

So much fun! Sound of Music is my all time favorite movie musical.

MamaD4 said...

How hard was it not to sing?

We can listen on our way to Garmisch again this year (well, if Hans will let us!).

Pat said...

What a great evening!! Everyone looks great. I know you enjoyed Sound of Music. I think the first time you saw it was with Mom & Tiny in the 60's. I saw it in Arkansas when I lived there. Nice pictures. I enjoyed them