Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Highlights


It's been a good weekend. Some of the highlights were:

  • Talked to Rachel and Annika for awhile Saturday morning. Annika told me about the movie they had just seen - Up. I had a fun conversation with her about the movies I have. She asked if she could come to my house. Oh, how I would love that!!
  • Dinner Saturday with my brother and sister. We met at a restaurant about an hour south of me which was half way for all of us. It was good to see them again. We have cousins - brothers and sister from one family - that have been getting together once a month for the past five or six years - maybe more. It's a great way to stay connected.
  • Gave my Faith Story at two services on our Edina campus.
  • Watched the Vikings game today with Peder, Sarah and Aurelia. We had a "make your own personal size pizza" lunch which was really good. Aurelia knows my name - Grandma D! It's so much fun to hear her say it. She was delightful, gave me lots of hugs, and shared her toys.
  • Went to an organ concert at my church. Our church has a huge Visser-Rowland pipe organ. The recital was given by our organist, Desi Klempay, who has his Doctor of Music degree from the University of Minnesota and an organ Diploma from the Mozarteum Conservatory in Salzburg, Austria.
And now my 10 minute weekend is over. Why do our weekends go so fast? That's a question I ask every week.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

Annika enjoyed talking with you too and I promise you that at some point, she can come over to your house. For a couple weeks, if you'd like!!

DD4 said...

I'd love it!!