Friday, October 24, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

This has been one of the busiest weeks I can recall:



Sunday: Sang at church, followed by brunch with friends; car window would not close after talking to a friend in the church parking lot; drove to another friend's home to borrow a costume for the harvest party at tutoring on October 27.



Monday: Stopped at body shop before going to the dentist to see if they could work on my malfunctioning car window; drove to the dentist in 38 degree weather - window down, wearing a coat and mittens with the heat turned on full blast; received a good check-up at the dentist; dropped car off at the body shop; worked until 5; picked up car, slammed down a quick supper, picked up another tutor and two kids, tutored Rosy until 8, took kids and tutor home, dropped into bed.



Tuesday: Dr. appointment for my very sore foot (Plantar Fasciitis); worked until 5; drove to specialty shoe store for suggested inserts into my shoes - only to find out they wouldn't work in my shoes. So, I had to pick out shoes in which they would work - however, the store didn't have them in suede - rather in shiny black - the kind 85 - 90 year olds wear. They said they could get them from another store by Wednesday at 5 pm. Okay. I'll come back Wednesday;drove to church for a choir meeting; got home and dropped into bed.



Wednesday: Arrived at work early to make up lost time from Monday and Tuesday; took 15 minute lunch; worked until 4:45; drove to the shoe store and purchased shoes; wore them to church for another choir meeting; choir rehearsal; got home and relaxed a little before dropping into bed.



Thursday: Got to work a little early; drove to a store during my lunch time to purchase new plantation blinds for my bedroom windows - Sarah is coming Saturday morning to take down the old blinds before the window installers arrive to replace the windows in my home; returned to the office to work until 5; went home to start laundry and eat supper - - my first night home since Sunday!



Friday: After showering and eating breakfast, took everything off the walls of my dining room in preparation of the window install tomorrow, put out the garbage for weekly pick-up; and am now at work.



There's still more that has to be done in preparation for tomorrow morning, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My feet are tolerating the inserts in my new shoes, but the pain still exists. It's Friday and I'll have two days off from work; I'll get to see Sarah and Aurelia tomorrow; and I'll have new, tight, easy to clean windows in my home.

1 comment:

MamaD4 said...

I'm confused. I thought you WERE 85!

I swear I've heard you say that.

:)