Saturday, April 07, 2007

Choir Rehearsal for Easter Services






















I attend a large church and am honored to be singing in the choir. I've been part of this group since February of 1993. What a neat bunch of people. Some of my best friends are in the soprano section.

This morning was our final rehearsal, preparing us for two services later this afternoon and five more tomorrow morning. It may sound like a lot of work, but here's how I feel about it: I consider it a pleasure. It is wonderful witnessing around 11,000 men, women, and children coming to commemorate the risen Christ! For some, it is the first time they have ever heard the Gospel.

The full orchestra, pipe organ and herald bugles are incredible. It's really a privilege to be part of this big event.

2 comments:

MamaD4 said...

We wish we could be there. I have been to the one choir concert at your church and it was amazing. My parents are always thrilled to get invited, they have really enjoyed the concerts they have attended. Have a Happy Easter!

DD4 said...

Rachel, when you and Hans move back to the cities, I hope you will consider joining our choir. I would love that!