Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Busy, Busy Week

This past week was really busy. It all began with two concerts Sunday, which were wonderful! I enjoyed being in them so much.



Tuesday evening I was the guest of Ellen Chalifoux for the Bethany House Christmas party. It was a lovely evening of dinner and games, held at Brackett's Crossing Country Club in Lakeville. I had a delicious chicken dinner. The following morning I didn't feel so well. I think the flourless chocolate cake I had eaten at the party didn't agree with me. That caused me to cancel a lunch appointment I had with a dear friend of mine. 

Friday was a very busy day. It started with a prime rib dinner held at my church. My friends, Bonnie and Debra were there, too. Prior to the dinner, our choir director, who is also pastor of senior citizens  at our church, introduced our junior high pastor, Heather, who was holding her new Saint Bernard, puppy, Hadley. Hadley joins Jingle Belle, who is a 4 year old St. Bernard and weighs 140 pounds.



After leaving the stage, Heather brought Hadley to our table and I got to hold her paw during the prayer for dinner. She is really sweet!


The guest for this event was the great great grandson of Charles Dickens, George Dickens. In an hour and a half, he performed the entire story, A Christmas Carol. I was blown away with his acting! He played every character, with no costume changes. He used his top coat, top hat, and cane to perform different functions throughout the play. Amazing!

Only 4 hours later I joined my friends Linda and Jay at the Volkswagen dealership. Linda is my saleslady and her husband is the General Manager of the dealership. I have become friends with them and they asked me out to dinner. Where did we go? To Brackett's Crossing Country Club! Honestly, I was so very full from the meal at my church that it was difficult for me to eat much at dinnertime. Also, my friends gave me a tour of their beautiful house which is on the golf course.


No comments: