Monday, November 06, 2017

My Choir Friends Came for Supper

Last Friday night I had six of my choir friends over for supper and we had such a great time together. It was a damp, chilly evening, and a bit of snow was falling, which made their commute a bit dicey. I made my meal easier for me by using nearly the same menu I used a couple of weeks ago when I had my brother, sister and cousins in for a meal. It is easy and tasty. As with my cousins/siblings dinner, my friends offered to bring things for the supper, so that was nice.

From L to R: Debra, Bonnie, Louise, yours truly, and Laurey

From L to R: Debra, Nancy, Louise, yours truly, and Laurey

My table. The table runner was a gift from Hans and Rachel which they purchased in Germany while living there.

Laurey and Barb
For some reason, I totally forgot to take any photos, so these are courtesy of my friend, Nancy. For that reason, I could not do any cropping or other editing. I wish Barb's eyes were open, but just imagine she has lovely blue ones, because she does.

After eating the delicious ice cream pie Bonnie made, I brought out my record player and played my old vinyl of "Phone Call from God," by Jerry Jordon. It was a hit! Everyone loved it. Then I passed around a grab bag which contained six items I no longer wanted. Each person was to reach in and grab without looking into the bag. Two of the items were nylon shopping bags that roll up into a little case and are easy to carry in a purse; the other four items were small flashlights still in the original box. Everyone seemed delighted with their item and I got rid of six more things.

We retired to my living room and enjoyed having time to chat for awhile.

No comments: