Wednesday, October 18, 2017

An Autumn Cousins Lunch

Last Saturday my brother and sister and cousins came to my house for lunch. I was really looking forward to this because we always have a good time together. I took this as an opportunity to use some of my fall decorations as well as my farm dishes.

I began buying these farm dishes made by Debbie Dean when I lived in Austin and worked at Hormel's. I bought dinner plates, lunch plates, mugs, a divided baby dish, bowls—both cereal as well as serving. I also bought heart shaped platters and a pitcher. Here is a photo of one of the bowls.


This year I decided to decorate my dining room shelf with some of my fall things. The middle shelf has a treasured trio of straw girls which my friend Nancy gave to me. The wooden carved goose shown on the top shelf I purchased in Germany. On that trip I also bought the clay church which is on the second shelf. I have had the apple girl and apple boy the top shelf for many years. They are made in Norway and are from the designs of Carl Larsson.




My hutch with Delft and more Carl Larsson figures

My table
I served chicken pot pies and kale slaw, along with dinner rolls. My cousin Pat brought homemade applesauce that she and Pudge had made a few days before and my sister brought delicious homemade pumpkin bars. We had good conversation while eating and more visiting afterwards.

Pat, John and his friend, Tonya

Pudge, Janet, Linda

Jerry, Janet and yours truly

Seated: John and Tonya. Standing: Pat

John and Linda

Janet and I

No comments: