Thursday, March 23, 2017

On Vacation!


I'm in Arizona on my first vacation since retiring. Monday I flew to Arizona to spend some days with my sister who rented a place for the months of January, February and March. Her condo is five doors down from my cousins Pat and Pudge's. Their back yard is the 7th fairway of a beautiful golf course. They are part of a big community that is vibrant and very friendly.


On Monday the temperature was in the high 80's – low 90's, but last night a rain storm moved through with lots of wind and today it is 70 degrees and quite breezy.

Today we drove south to have lunch with our dear friend, Sonja. Jan and I have known her all our lives since we grew up going to the same church. Sonja lives in a nice community and has two grapefruit trees—one white grapefruit and the other pink, one orange tree and one lemon tree. The grapefruit and lemon trees still had lots of fruit on them so Sonja let us pick a bunch. One lemon I held was as big as a small grapefruit!

(This photo is from last year.)
It's really wonderful to have the freedom to travel and to see friends and relatives in far away places. I'm thankful!

No comments: