Friday, February 12, 2016

Health Update

I am feeling better just this week. Monday night my physical therapist determined I have bursitis in my left hip. He suggested I go to either my spine surgeon or my primary physician to get a shot of cortisone in my hip and also to ask for the cortisone pill pack (6 day program of low dose prednisone) to attack any inflammation in my body—but specifically the nerve pain in my ankle and on the top of my foot. I was lucky to get an appointment the very next day (Tuesday) with my primary doctor. He gave me the cortisone shot and called in the Rx for the pill pack, which I started taking Wednesday morning. Yesterday I saw a lot of improvement, but had a little foot pain during last night and again a little this morning. I may have overdone it by going grocery shopping last night after working all day, but I was running out of some things at home. Bottom line is I'm praying for good results.

I hope I don't have to post very many more entries on my ongoing health issues, but it has been a big part of my life of late. 

No comments: