Friday, March 20, 2015

A Visit from a US Olympian

Today USA Olympian silver medalist Gigi Marvin paid a visit to our office. Gigi plays on the women's hockey team which won the silver medal in both 2010 and 2014. She is a really great gal with a wonderful testament, and potential author for BHP.

We were made aware of her visit last week. Since I had been to the 2010 Olympics and had some souvenirs, I was asked to bring them to help decorate our food table. I wasn't sure who Gigi was, so I looked her up on the Internet. When I learned she played hockey and was from Warroad, Minnesota, I decided to phone my cousin Pudge to see if her knew of her. No surprise! Of course, he did. He knew about her family, too.

Here are some of the photos taken today:

Putting on the silver medal

Gigi Marvin and yours truly



2014 Silver Medal from Sochi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here mom was my french teacher.