Friday, July 04, 2008


Last night I went to the Bloomington Summer Fete with a couple of friends. We arrived around 5 pm and were able to listen to three concerts, eat foods from the vendors (I had a bratwurst, chips, a pina colada-non alcoholic, and some caramel corn), and finally watched some of the most wonderful fireworks I have ever seen in real life. Because Bloomington, as well Minnesota, is celebrating its sesquicentennial this year, our city council pulled out all the stops and provided the largest display ever! There were gorgeous bursts of beautiful colors up in the sky while myriads of splendid, artistic explosions were near the surface of the lake. Many boomed; others crackled. There were oohs! and aahs! and wows! heard over and over. They estimated an attendance of 40,000 people in attendance. We saw a few people with their pet dogs. That was hard for me to understand, since my grand dog, Brian, would not have liked this at all.

No comments: