Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Where Is Spring?





The calendar says it is Spring, but looking outside I must disagree. Yesterday we had snow falling and the wind was blowing, too. We got about 8 inches. I was happy I didn't have to go anywhere. Sometime during the night I heard snow plows. Sure enough, after getting out of bed this morning I looked out the window and the sidewalks and parking places had been cleared.

Today the sky is blue and the sun on the new white stuff is a bit pretty, but it is difficult to appreciate it when it is the 3rd of April and I am longing to see green grass and some flowers outside my porch. And speaking of my porch, both Nels and I are looking forward to spending some time out there.

In the meantime, I sport my long underwear and turtleneck shirts, while knitting. Next week I will go to the hospital to have another back surgery. I am praying the weather will warm up while I am away from home. It would feel good to spend some time outdoors while I am recovering.

No comments: